Happy New Year’s Eve! Today marks the end of 2012 and with that many people are setting goals or resolutions for the New Year. The beginning of a new year is a great time to refocus and think about what you’d like to do with a fresh slate. For parents, it’s also a chance to think about changing up the daily routine. Many moms find themselves with New Year’s resolutions and goals for taking better care of themselves, since usually the focus is on baby. So, let’s take a look at a few New Year’s resolutions for mothers of babies!
Source: Andrew Storms/Flickr
8 New Year’s Resolutions for Mothers of Babies
- Eat full meals: Instead of snacking throughout the day or eating your baby’s leftovers he didn’t finish eating, resolve to eat actual, full meals. Advertisement
- Take time for yourself: It’s important to get a little alone time every once in a while. Even with a hectic schedule, you can try some of these ideas for sneaking in some me time.
- Dance more with baby: Amid the hustle and bustle of every day life with a baby, remember to have fun too. Hold your baby close to you, turn up the music, and dance!
- Take care of your health: Outside of exercise and eating healthy, make sure you also visit your doctor when needed. All too often, we moms forget to schedule well visits for ourselves.
- Ask for help: Sandy of mommypowers.us says moms should ask for help if they need it. After all, you can’t do everything yourself!
- Get organized: “Don’t let your babies grow up to be jpegs,” says Jen Burg from thesuburbanmom.com. She encourages moms to put those digital baby photos to use by creating photo books or printing them out to frame.
- Say ‘No’ More: Make room for the most important things in your life by saying no to the various extra requests for your time from friends, family, and the community.
- Say ‘Yes’ More: On the other hand, say yes more to your children. Do they want to wear silly clothes to go shopping? Let them!
What are some of your New Year’s resolutions for 2013?