A few weeks ago, I shared my favorite girl names from 1912, and I figured it was only right to give the boy names a look too, even if I’m not having a boy myself.
I’ve always felt like boy names are a little more solid, popularity-wise, than girls names are and looking through the top 1000 names for boys born in 1912 backed my hunch up – many of the names on that list are ones you’re still very likely to hear today.
Here are the thirteen I liked most off the list:
- Lawrence (#38) Maybe I only like this name because of Laurie from Little Women. But even if that’s the case, who DOESN’T like Laurie from Little Women?
- Leo (#49) I like the retro vibe of this name and I don’t think it seems too stuffy.
- Alex (#135) This one has really held on to its popularity and I’d say for good reason!
- Alton (#192) I love the European edge this name has, at least in my mind.
- Emmett (#198)
- Monroe (#265) I love this name and I love the nickname, Roe, even more. (I’d love to use Roe for a girl, but my husband was having none of it).
- Elijah (#303)
- Ward (#362)
- Royal (#384) It’s possible that this name is just a bit too pretentious, but I love it all the same.
- Ezra (#412)
- Walker (#491)
- Hayden (#643)
- Hunter (#845)
Do any of those appeal to you? Or do you think they belong back in 1912?