Baby shower food can be different depending on the host and also culture. For example, every baby shower I attended growing up, and even my own baby showers, had a vast variety of food, including rice, pork, appetizers, potato salad, and the like. It was the norm for Puerto Rican families and I know is also true for other Latin American cultures. On the other hand, American baby showers I have attended served finger sandwiches, vegetable platters, fruit, cheese, and other light finger foods. The difference in foods served at these baby showers was surprising to me at first, but is something I’m now used to.
copyright Clara Gonzalez, DominicanCooking.com
If you’re hosting a baby shower for a friend or family member and would like to add a little variety to the food served, why not try some Latino appetizers and finger foods? Your party guests and mom-to-be will love the delicious food! Take inspiration from these Latino appetizer recipes! Your baby shower is sure to be a hit with these dishes and will be great, especially, if you’re hosting a baby shower for a Latina mom.
7 Latino Appetizer Recipes to Serve at a Baby Shower
- Shrimp Ceviche Cocktail
- Mini Beef Empanadas with a home-made crust, or you can try this faster version of Beef Empanadas
- Guacamole to pair with tortilla chips or as a topping in a taco bar
- Baked Oaxaca Cheese in Green Salsa
- Cheese-filled Yuquitas (Cassava Balls)
- Chorizo and Avocado Cups with Chipotle Cream
- Croquetas de Pollo (Chicken Croquettes)
What type of food do you like to serve at baby showers?