We try to make sure that my husband has time with our son — and so far, they’ve gone on quite a few adventures together. Here are 9 of our favorite ideas for outings that will hopefully inspire your family as well!
1. Take Baby out to a local sporting event. Take baby out to a local sporting event. For us, that meant a baseball game. Dad even bought a little baby baseball cap so our son could show his team spirit!
2. Have fun in the sun. For us, that means pools and beaches but you can have fun in the sun even if you’re landlocked. Slap on the sunscreen, fill up an inflatable pool, or play in the sprinklers if your kids are a bit older.
3. Visit the local library. The kids section is full of fun books, colors, and sometimes even toys. Most local branches have special programs for kids too. Our local library does a “storytime” for babies that is full of songs and puppets.
4. Go treasure hunting. We love to shop for vintage and antique cameras, so heading out to one of the flea markets or antique shops is a fun little excursion. Bonus points if you find an awesome and inexpensive trinket to bring home to Mama!
5. Share a hobby. My husband is a drummer, so he’s been spending time in our drum room with our son teaching him the basics. What kid doesn’t love to bang on things that make noise, right?
6. Look for birds. Heading out to the local bird sanctuary can be lots of fun. We have a place locally that nurses birds of prey back to health. Our son got to see huge owls, eagles, and falcons up close. Most cities have bird sanctuaries you can check out and admission is usually inexpensive.
7. Go grocery shopping. This isn’t a super fun one, unless you’re dorks like us and you like shopping for food, but it is a nice way to give Mom some time alone at home while you also take an errand off her hands.
8. Play in the park! Getting out of the house and enjoying the fresh air is extra simple when you head to a fun public park. Take a walk, play on the swings, and enjoy the breeze.
9. Get to work. If your job allows it, it can be fun to take your baby along with you on a job. We are photographers by trade, so sometimes my husband will strap on our baby carrier and take our son along on a shoot just for fun.
|Experience the comfort of Huggies Little Snugglers|