Because my children are very small, they don’t really participate in summer activities that much. Our day-to-day life will look very much like it looks the rest of the year – naps, diapers, playdates, and general small-child living.
To make it a little more exciting, I’ve decided to dub each summer with some easy theme to help give me and my girlies a little (tiny bit of) structure.
This summer is The Summer of the Homemade Popsicle.
Here’s a few reasons why I’m looking forward to this theme:
- It gives me a chance to try out new recipes but in a very narrow area so I’m not overwhelmed by the choices
- They are fun to eat for my toddler and for me, and, depending on the ingredients, even my baby can lick away one.
- My toddler can help make them, which she loves (we made these cherry limeade ones this week and she had a blast pitting a huge bowl of cherries).
- It’s a great way to use all the fruit that’s in season.
- They can be as healthy or as decadent as I wish.
- It gives us a great excuse after naps to go sit on the patio and enjoy the warm weather.
- It makes every day feel like a little bit of a celebration.
Bring on the popsicle recipes – I’m ready!