Sometimes, when I’m out in public without my children, I wonder if people can tell I’m a mom.
Either way, I know I’m a parent and here are ten things that give me away:
- You always have tiny dusty footprints on the front of your jeans from carrying a small child.
- Your “light” purse weighs about 20 pounds. Advertisement
- You can open a stroller with a diaper bag over your shoulder and a baby in your arm in ten seconds flat.
- You can’t wait for your kids to go to bed. . .and then you spend 20 minutes looking at photos of them.
- You have extra diapers stashed in the car, the kitchen, your in-laws house, and every bathroom.
- You know baby wipes can basically be used to clean anything, from a runny nose to the dashboard of your car.
- You realize after ten minutes of singing along to a kid’s CD that there are no kids in the car with you.
- Pretty much no diaper fazes you. You’ve got it under control.
- All that talk about differences between baby cries? You know it’s true.
- Any night where you don’t get woken up is the best. night. ever.
How do you know you’re a parent?