We are all busy mamas, whether we have a newborn, toddler, preschooler, one of each — it doesn’t matter. The fact is we are always “on the go” and time is certainly of the essence. However, it’s important to take a few (or more!) minutes for ourselves. Not only will we look better, but we will feel more confident and happy to take on the day with our little ones. Not always easy, I know, but certainly doable!
I know when I feel blah, the kids feel blah. So I try to incorporate a little beauty boost each morning to inject a some oomph to my day. Here are ten steps and makeup products that are quick and easy to use and leave you looking and feeling good!
Five Minute Beauty Boost For Moms
1. Body Cream — No one has much time to moisturize, but having an all over lotion like the TEN Hydration Body Cream makes it easier to get into the habit. The gentle smell is baby friendly and kind on your skin which can still be sensitive after giving birth — or you can make your own moisturizer for you and baby!
2. Dry shampoo — What mama washes their hair everyday? Not many, especially ones with newborns — but that’s where dry shampoo comes in. Spray into the top and front part of your hair and gently massage into the scalp. It refreshes your hair, soaks up extra oil and leaves you looking fab! I have been using TRESemmé Fresh Start for a year now…love love!
3. Baby Wipes — Not just for baby! I use Little L’s wipes for myself to freshen up. In the morning I wipe my face before applying anything else to get rid of excess dirt and remove makeup. If you are going to use baby wipes, try HUGGIES Natural Care Wipes but make sure they are fragrance-free.
4. Tinted Moisturizer with SPF — THREE in ONE! Moisturize, protect your skin and add a hint of tint for an added glow. Aveeno Positively Radiant Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 30 is gentle on skin and only a small amount is needed.
5. Eye Brightener/Concealer — It’s like magic! Apply AFTER the tinted moisturizer so that you can see exactly where extra coverage is needed. Neutrogena Healthy Skin Brightening Eye Perfector with SPF 25 instantly gives you a glow and covers up the darker area under eyes.
6. Mascara — Give your face a more awake look with mascara. I don’t wear everyday, but when I do I use Neutrogena Healthy Volume which is gentle, can be easily removed (doesn’t clump like others) and instantly gives you a natural and polished look.
7. Blush — Quickly swipe your makeup brush over a rose colored blush and apply on cheeks. Neutrogena Sheer Highlighting Blush is extremely light and effective. You can’t even tell you have makeup on and it gives you an all over smooth and even look.
8. Lip gloss — Swap that old chapstick with a light colored gloss for a natural look. Mary Kay Chai Latte Lip Laquer is a subtle color with added moisturizer.
9. Hair ties and pins — I cannot live without these and I’m pretty sure most moms tie their hair back several times throughout the day whether at the playground or need to avoid having it pulled by little hands. You can also pin hair back on each side after using dry shampoo for a neater look.
10. Accessories — To complete your look add some sort of accessory. It doesn’t have to be anything fancy, but a little something to bring it all together. Some days I wear a necklace or scarf. Other times a ring or a cute pair of earrings like these Stella & Dot Gigi Studs. Best to keep them baby friendly so that those little hands can’t pull on them.
Each of these steps should take 30 seconds or less getting you ready in just five minutes! Remember our children sense when we are stressed or have anxiety and the same goes for when we feel happy and confident — when mama feels good, baby feels good!
Coming soon! Beautifully By Disney — a new cosmetic line (I MUST try this!)