Tale as old as time
True as it can be…
I’m so excited about the release of the live action Beauty and the Beast. The tale is one I’ve adored since childhood, watching Belle and the Beast go from barely even friends to something much more. To be able to see it again for the first time, with a new look at the beloved story, feels too good to be true.
I wanted to bring touches of Beauty and the Beast to my home. An enchanting way to do that is to make an oversized wreath made from a hula hoop and artificial flowers.
Whether you’re decorating for everyday use or a special occasion, this Beauty and the Beast Hula hoop wreath would be a lovely addition to your castle. Add several to your trees for a backdrop fit for a princess party or baby shower.
What You’ll Need:
- Hula hoop
- Artificial flowers, including greenery
- Floral wire
- Wire cutters
How to Make ItClick through for instructions!
1. Start with a hula hoop.If you can’t find the natural rattan variety, select one that matches your flowers or wrap it in fabric.
2. Next, lay out the greenery on the hoop.You can cover as much or as little of the hoop as you want.
3. Secure the greenery.To best gauge where you’ll be putting your flowers, secure the greenery in a few spots.
4. Arrange the flowers.Red roses are used for the enchanted rose the Beast keeps hidden in the West Wing. Bits of yellow add splashes of color and serve as a reminder of Belle’s signature gown.
5. Secure the flowers.Once the flowers are arranged, secure them using floral wire.
6. Put it up!Use additional floral wire to hang the wreath.