Thanks to Disney Baby for sponsoring this post and giving me Huggies Little Snugglers Diapers for free.
Little Miss Margot is exclusively breastfed at this point. We’ve worked really hard and overcome a lot, so I’m happy that I am able to nurse her. With two other children, we are frequently out of the house and on the go. Babies are usually known for needing everything but the kitchen sink when they are away from home, but the truth is, a breastfed babe (who isn’t yet eating solid foods) doesn’t need much. It’s a perk of breastfeeding, for sure! In fact, Little Margot needs so little that I usually don’t take a diaper bag with me. Instead, I just put a few necessities in my purse and off we go!
Here are 5 on-the-go essentials for your breastfed baby…
1. A diaper or two – My favorite disposable diapers are Huggies Little Snugglers. (Thank you, Disney Baby, for sending me a sample!)
2. Wipes – Breastfed babies (especially Margot) are known for explosive bowel movements. DO NOT leave the house without some wipes! ;)
3. A changing pad – The hard plastic changing stations in public restrooms kind of gross me out. I have a couple of changing pads that make diaper changes easier and cleaner for my girl.
4. A small blanket – Perfect to use if you need to lay baby down somewhere (at the park or at the library, etc.) You can even use it as a nursing cover if you choose to cover up while you nurse.
5. A change of clothes – Last but not least, remember to pack a change of clothes in case you have an explosive diaper. Since it’s summer, a simple onesie will be just fine!