Babies love music and toddlers appreciate being able to dance or sing along. It’s a great way to have fun with your babies and also a good way for them to learn about rhythm. While music can be soothing and helps babies calm down, it can also be a fun interactive way for older babies and toddlers to play.
With the holiday season in full-swing, holiday music can be heard all around us – stores, radio stations, TV – just about everywhere you go, your babies will be hearing holiday songs. Why not sing them at home too and introduce your little ones to the fun of holiday music? Here are some ideas for holiday songs to sing with your babies and toddlers!
/>Source: Kevin Dooley/Flickr
10 Holiday Songs for Babies and Toddlers
- Feliz Navidad: A favorite of my kids (and mine), this bilingual Spanish and English song is super catchy.
- Jingle Bells: This has to be my daughter’s most favorite Christmas song and she loves singing it even when it’s not the holiday season!
- Deck the Halls: What kid won’t have fun chiming in on the chorus with fa-la-la-la-la?
- O Christmas Tree: I personally don’t know all the words to this song by heart, but it could make for a fun learning project to learn bits at a time with your toddler.
- The Twelve Days of Christmas: Another fun song to sing with kids of all ages, babies and toddlers will especially enjoy the repetition of this popular Christmas song.
- We Wish You a Merry Christmas: Short and simple, your babies will love hearing this cute song and toddlers will be able to sing along after hearing the words a few times.
- All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth: Cute, funny, and fun are the best words to describe this song – perfect for little ones!
- Santa Claus is Coming to Town: A holiday favorite for kids, this song builds up the excitement leading up to Christmas.
- The Dreidel Song: Even if you don’t celebrate Hanukkah, it’s great to explore other holidays with young children. This song is a fun way to do that!
- Sing a Song of Kwanzaa: Another holiday for children to learn about, if you don’t already celebrate it, is Kwanzaa. This cute song is great for toddlers!
Enjoy singing along with your babies and happy holidays!