When you’re pregnant, it seems like people tell you the strangest things. Sometimes it’s well-meaning friends and family, but sometimes total strangers come up to you and tell you things you never wanted to know. I mean, really, why would a total stranger walk up to a pregnant woman and proceed to tell her she “looks so big!” It’s as if people forget how hormonal pregnant women can be.
Since I know there are some pretty crazy things strangers can say to pregnant women, I thought it would be fun to get a few statements from other moms. And so, I present you with the craziest things strangers told these ladies when they were pregnant!
/> Source: Torsten Mangner/Flickr
10 Crazy Things Strangers Tell Pregnant Women
1. “…that constantly tossing and turning while on bed rest would cause the baby to get tangled up in the umbilical cord. I was on bed rest for 6 months! (Yes, she was serious.)” ~ Jenn
2. Angela had a bank teller at the bank ask her, “So are you dilated yet?” She replied with a swift, “I don’t know – how is YOUR cervix doing today?”
3. “What happened to your ankles?” ~ Jeannette
4. With 3 months left in her pregnancy, Jessica had a woman say, “You look like you’re about to pop any day. When are you due?”
5. “Oh it’s your first? Do you want more?” ~ Lisa
6. When Shana shared the news of being pregnant with her youngest and third child, many asked her, “Why? Why would you want to have another when you already have one boy & one girl?”
7. “Don’t be embarrassed if you poop while pushing the little guy out… it’s normal and the nurse will clean it up before it has a chance to smell.” ~ Desiree
8. “Oh, you’re having twins! What? You’re not having twins? You should talk to your doctor.” shared Yvonne, “Like the doctor missed a whole other baby growing in my belly.”
9. “I was a week before my due date and had a stranger in an elevator (how cliche right) INSIST I was having a boy. 1 week or so later… I delivered my daughter.” ~ Tania
10. “I was reaching in the freezer at the market, and getting something out, when I turned around a woman said ‘You shouldn’t eat that, it has too much salt.'” ~ Candice
What are some of the craziest things strangers told you when pregnant?