I know that the “New Year” technically starts January 1st, but I can’t help but feel like my new year always starts in September. Maybe it’s because of the countless years in school or the fact that I was a teacher before my daughter was born. Whatever it is, whenever the Fall season rolls around it’s always like a breath of fresh air for me.
There are always new clothes to get, the air starts to feel crisp and it’s the start of a very exciting holiday season. Fall brings about more change than January does and for that reason I like to take time each September to reflect on the things going on in my life. Here are a few things that I’m feeling very thankful for this “New Year”…
1. A healthy and vibrant 2 year old.
2. A brand new house (well, new to us).
3. A healthy second pregnancy (new little girl arriving New Years Eve! Funny, huh?).
4. Being able to take a little weekend getaway this month with just my husband.
5. Turning 30. I know for some it is the dreaded number but I was really excited about it. I like the wisdom and experience that comes with being 30.
6. The feeling of change in the air. The smell of Fall is seriously the best!
7. Close friends that really, truly are like family.
8. A loving husband who is and always will be my very best friend.
What are you thankful for this Fall season?