Adorned with honey-colored ribbons and wooden drizzlers, this Pooh-inspired shower gift is the bee’s knees.
- 54 Huggies (Little Snugglers) diapers
- 54 small rubber bands
- 10 large rubber bands
- Three 7-inch-long wooden dowel lengths
- Hot glue gun
- Gold, red, and honeycomb-patterned flat ribbons
- Gold and red curling ribbon
- Curling ribbon
- Template for Winnie the Pooh Diaper Cake
- White cardstock
- Small buttons (optional)
- 1 or 2 honey wooden honey drizzlers
- Dimensional honeybee stickers
1. One at a time, open each diaper, roll it up snuggly, and secure it with a small rubber band.
2. Now create the top layer of the “cake” by standing a single rolled diaper on end and encircling it with five more. Bind the six diapers together with two large rubber bands, positioning one band an inch or so from the top of the diaper circle and the other equidistant from the bottom. Next, arrange twelve additional diapers around the circumference and bind them in place with another pair of large rubber bands. Tip: Face the loose ends of the rolled diapers toward the center of the cake so the outside looks smooth and uniform.
3. For the bottom layer, repeat step 2. Then arrange eighteen additional diapers around the circumference and bind them in place.
4. Stack the two cake layers and secure them together by inserting the wooden dowel lengths between the diapers in three places and gently pushing them down so that they aren’t visible from the cake top.
5. Decorate the assembled cake by wrapping long lengths of the flat ribbons around each of the two layers, using a bit of hot glue to hold the overlapped ends together.
6. Print the template on white cardstock and cut out the pieces. Use a pushpin to make a small hole in the top of each cutout and then thread a thin ribbon hanger through each hole. (Tip: To reinforce the hole, you can sandwich the paper between a pair of buttons, as shown.) Tuck the tops of the ribbons between the diapers on the top of the cake so that the Little Hunny sign and the Winnie the Pooh head dangle over the side.
7. Tie the wooden honey drizzler handles together with a couple pieces of curling ribbon. Tuck two of the ribbon ends between the diapers on the top of the cake and leave the others loose. Then embellish the cake top with additional lengths of curled ribbon, again tucking the upper ends between the diapers.
8. For the finishing touch, attach honeybee stickers to the ribbon and honey drizzlers.
For more Winnie the Pooh fun, check out the official Winnie the Pooh site.
|For more inspiration to help plan the perfect baby shower, take a look at the Huggies Baby Shower Pinterest page.|