If your little one loves Winnie the Pooh she’ll adore these cute little cupcakes. Create a crowd of Pooh bears using fondant and edible markers. What makes fondant perfect for busy moms is how simple it is to work with — it’s just like molding clay. Cupcakes frosted with chocolate and vanilla frostings are a classic birthday favorite. Adding Pooh’s iconic face makes them a special first birthday treat!
- Cupcakes, baked from your favorite recipe
- Chocolate and Vanilla frosting
- Yellow Fondant, store bought (Wilton brand)
- 1 1/2” Round fondant cutter
- 1/2” Round fondant cutter, or a pastry tip
- Black Edible Marker (Wilton brand)
- Mini Chocolate chips
1. Frost cooled cupcakes and set aside.
2. Roll out fondant to 1/8” thick and cut a 1 1/2” circle for each cupcake.
3. Pinch one end of the fondant circle to make it pear shaped.
4. Cut 2 ears for each bear using the 1/2” fondant cutter, or the wide end of a pastry tip. These will look like small crescents. Pinch the ears into small circles and press them onto the narrow end of the fondant circle.
5. Press a mini chocolate chip into the center of the fondant, right where the circle starts to narrow.
6. Use the edible marker to add Pooh’s eyes, nose and mouth.
7. Place a fondant Pooh on top of each frosted cupcake.
For more Winnie the Pooh fun, check out the official Winnie the Pooh site.