Everybody knows Minnie is sweet, fun loving and bright. So bright, in fact, she is forever coming up with clever solutions. Take this birthday party favor idea, for instance. Simply decorate a beach pail with the little mouse’s smiling face and — presto! — you’ve got a pretty pink carryall for stray toys.
- Pink plastic beach pail
- Template for Minnie Mouse Toy Bucket
- Craft paper (black, pale orange, white, and pink)
- Fine-tipped black permanent marker
- Glue stick
- Laminating sheets (sold in office supply stores) or clear packing tape
1. Print the template and use it as a pattern for cutting the head, nose, and eye pupils from black paper, the face from pale orange paper, the eyes from white paper, and the bow from pink paper.
2. Place the face template on top of the pale orange cutout and trace over the eyelashes, nose, and mouth, pressing down firmly enough to leave an imprint. Remove the template and use a black marker to retrace the eyelashes and mouth imprint lines on the orange face. Leave the nose imprint untraced (it will be used as a guide for placement in step 3). Use the same method to add knot and crease lines on the bow cutout.
3. Glue the pupils on the eyes and the tongue atop the mouth and then glue the assembled features onto the face. Now glue the face on the head so that the lower jaw and chin extend slightly below the edge of the black paper, as shown. Finally, glue the bow in place at the top of the head.
4. Use a piece of a laminating sheet or strips of clear packing tape to securely seal the paper Minnie decal to the front of the plastic beach pail.
For more Minnie fun, check out the official Mickey Mouse site.