In this quick-paced challenge, Winnie and his friends from the Hundred Acre Woods lend inspiration for a honey of a list: a chain of baby names in which each new entry begins with the last letter of the one that precedes it.
- Template for Empty the Honey Pot Shower Game
- Sheet of white cardstock
- Scraps of black or gold craft paper and glue stick (optional)
- Small honeypot
- Lined paper and a writing implement for each guest
1. Print the template and cut out the character names. (Note: For a finishing touch, you can glue the names onto black or gold craft paper rectangles.)
2. Place all the names in the honeypot.
3. To play the game, hand out lined paper and writing implements to all of the guests. Draw a name from the honeypot and have everybody print it at the top of their papers. Then set the timer and give the cue to “go.” The object is to quickly write down a potential baby name that begins with the last letter of the drawn name (Say the name is Tigger. A player might write down Robert) and then another name that begins with the last letter of that name (in this case a T, so Tom) and so on (Melinda, Alan, Ned, Dora, Avery, etc.). Whoever comes up with the most names before the buzzer goes off earns a point. The game continues in this way until all the character names have been emptied from the pot. The person who scores the most overall points takes the honey pot home as a prize.
For more Winnie the Pooh fun, check out the official Winnie the Pooh site.
|For more inspiration to help plan the perfect baby shower, take a look at the Huggies Baby Shower Pinterest page.|