Inspired by Nemo’s distinctive stripes, this colorful shower snack is bound to make a big splash. In lieu of the classic yolk mixture, the eggs are filled with roasted red pepper hummus and sliced olives.
- Hardboiled eggs (peeled)
- Kitchen knife
- Roasted red pepper hummus
- Large black, pitted olives
1. Slice the hardboiled eggs in half lengthwise.
2. Pop out the egg yolks and reserve them for another recipe if you like.
3. Spoon roasted red pepper hummus into all but one or two of the empty egg whites.
4. Cut the unfilled egg white(s) into 1/4 to 5/8 inch slices. Gently press an egg white “stripe” into the center of the hummus in each of the filled eggs.
5. Cut a few olives into thin slices (about 3/8 inch) and add two to each egg, sandwiching the center white stripe between them.
6. Lightly cover the deviled clownfish eggs with plastic wrap and keep them chilled until serving time.
For more Nemo fun, check out the official Finding Nemo site.
|/>||For more inspiration to help plan the perfect baby shower, take a look at the Huggies Baby Shower Pinterest page.|