DIY Nursery Name Sign
This project will stand out in any nursery and can be easily customized by choosing your own colors and fonts. In addition you can use fabric that is used in other accessories for your baby’s new room.
- Wooden letters that spell out your baby’s name
- Wooden frame with raised edges and sawtooth picture hangers attached to the back. The frame needs to be at least a 2-3 inches longer than the baby’s name.
- White paint
- Color paint (a color that will be in contrast to the fabric)
- Two brushes
- Fabric (a small pattern is preferable)
- Paint dish or disposable plates
1. Paint the edge of the frame white. The center does not need to be painted because it will eventually be covered with fabric. Set aside to dry.
2. Paint all the letters that make up the baby’s name. Make sure that all the edges of the letters are also completely covered with paint. Set aside to dry.
3. Cut a piece of cardboard that fits loosely into the frame. There needs to be a bit of room for the fabric. Cut a piece of fabric that is about 1” (2.5 cm) wider than the cardboard around all the edges. Wrap the fabric to the cardboard and attaching it with tape or glue.
4. Once the frame is completely dry, glue the fabric covered cardboard piece in the center of the frame.
5. Place the letters on the fabric (no glue) and space the letter out evenly. Once you find the placement that seems right attach the letters to the fabric with glue.