Disney Baby Little Character Contest
DISNEY BABY LITTLE CHARACTER CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN, NOR WILL A PURCHASE OR OPTING IN TO RECEIVE MORE INFORMATION IMPROVE ONE’S CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. SPONSOR: Disney Online, 500 South Buena Vista Street, Burbank, CA 91521 (“Sponsor“).
2. ADMINISTRATOR: Ventura Associates International LLC, 1040 Sixth Avenue, New York, NY 10018, an independent judging organization whose decisions are final and binding with respect to this contest (“Contest“).
3. ENTRY/DETERMINATION OF WINNERS: During the period commencing at 12:01 P.M., May 15, and ending at 11:59:59 A.M., June 18, 2012 (“Master Period”), this Contest will be conducted as six (6) separate contests: five weekly contests (individually, “Weekly Contest”) and one fan favorite contest (“Fan Contest”), which you as a registered member (“Member“) of DisneyBaby.com (“Website“) may enter on the Website to compete for prizes as follows:
Five (5) Weekly Contests for five Weekly Winners: Enter by uploading a photo entry consisting of the following elements (“Photo“):  at least one baby featured in the Photo born between September 1, 2010 and June 30, 2012 (newborn to 24 months of age, “Baby”)  you are Baby’s parent/legal guardian (“Parent“) (or have Parent’s permission) and have reached the age of majority in your state of residence;  less than 10MB in file size;  in jpg or png format;  optional title;  optional brief story about the Photo not to exceed 1,000 characters and  optional identification of Photo by one of the following eight (8) subjects: (a) Getting Ready; (b) In the Nursery; © Dressing Baby; (d) On-The-Go; (e) Mealtime; (f) Playtime; (g) Bathtime, and (h) Baby’s Firsts (collectively, “Weekly Entry”). Photo must be a stand-alone Photo; no collages will be accepted. You may enter each Weekly Contest during the weekly entry period commencing at 12:01 P.M., Tuesday, and ending at 11:59:59 A.M., of the following Monday, commencing May 15, ending June 18, 2012 (individually “Weekly Entry Period”). Entries from a Weekly Contest will not roll over into the following Weekly Contest, and you must enter each Weekly Contest separately with a different Photo. Each winner of a Weekly Contest (“Weekly Winner”) will be selected by a panel of judges (“Panel“) from all valid Weekly Entries received for that Weekly Contest by applying the following judging criteria: 34% for overall appearance of the Baby in the Photo, 33% for overall personality of the Baby as expressed through the Photo and 33% for the emotional draw of the magical moment (collectively, “Criteria“). Each Weekly Winner will be a finalist (“Finalist”) in the selection of one Grand Prize winner (“Grand Winner”). The Panel’s decision is final. Each Finalist must be willing to be showcased on the Website, and the Finalist that ends up being voted and confirmed as the Grand Winner must be willing to travel in September, 2012. See below for more details.
Finalist Voting to choose one (1) Grand Winner: After the Finalists are verified, their Weekly Entries (individually, “Finalist Entry”) will be posted on the Website for a final round of voting (“Finalist Voting”) to choose the potential Grand Winner. The general public will be given the opportunity to vote on all eligible Finalist Entries beginning 12:01 P.M., June 28, and ending 11:59:59 A.M., July 19, 2012 (“Finalist Voting Period”). One can vote by logging on to the Website and following the instructions to vote for his/her favorite Finalist Entry (“Finalist Vote”). The eligible Finalist Entry that receives the highest number of valid Finalist Votes during the Finalist Voting Period will be determined as the potential Grand Winner pending verification. Limit: One Finalist Vote per Member per day per Finalist Entry. Members can vote for multiple Finalists, but can only vote for an individual Finalist once per day. Disqualification can result if any of the following appear to violate vote limits: IP address, user name, and time of day. Violations are at the Sponsor’s sole discretion and include, but are not limited to: (1) unusual patterns in votes for an individual Finalist originating from the same IP address during the same day; (2) unusual user name patterns originating from the same IP address; and (3) unusual time-of-day patterns originating from the same IP address. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Finalist Votes that are cast in violation of these official rules (“Rules“), to achieve an unfair advantage or by robotic means of any sort.
Fan Contest for one (1) Fan Winner: During the Master Period, you may enter the Fan Contest by submitting an entry equivalent to a Weekly Entry (“Fan Entry“). Also during the Master Period, the general public will be given the opportunity to vote for the Fan Winner (“Fan Voting“), by logging on to the Website and following the instructions to vote for the voter’s favorite Fan Entries (“Fan Vote“). Limit: Members can vote for as many Fan Entries as they want, but only for each Fan Entry once per day. The top eligible Fan Entry that receives the highest number of valid Fan Votes during the Master Period will be determined as the potential Fan Winner pending verification. Limit: One Finalist Vote per Member per day per Finalist Entry. Members can vote for multiple Fan Entries, but can only vote for an individual Fan Entry once per day. Disqualification can result if any of the following appear to violate vote limits: IP address, user name, and time of day. Violations are at the Sponsor’s sole discretion and include, but are not limited to: (1) unusual patterns in votes for an individual Fan Entry originating from the same IP address during the same day; (2) unusual user name patterns originating from the same IP address; and (3) unusual time-of-day patterns originating from the same IP address. Administrator reserves the right to disqualify any Fan Votes or contest entries that are cast in violation of these Rules, to achieve an unfair advantage or by robotic means of any sort.
“Entry” shall mean and refer to each Weekly and Fan Entry.
Entering the Contest automatically enters you into both the relevant Weekly Contest and the Fan Contest. You may enter any of the six Contests as many times as you want as long as each Entry is different. You may not resubmit the same Entry into subsequent Weekly Entry Periods.
If you are not already a Member, you may easily register to become a Member for free through the link on the Website: https://login.disneybaby.go.com/disneybaby/sign-up by filling out the simple Registration Form. Only a valid email address (“Address”) will be accepted for registration, as determined solely by Administrator. Upon becoming a Member by registration, you may then enter these Contests or vote in these Contests by following the above instructions. For purposes of these Rules, all times and days are Pacific Time, and Administrator’s computer is the official time keeping device. Normal internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service will apply. It is your sole responsibility to notify Administrator in writing if you change your Address. The selection of winners and awarding of the prizes is subject to the eligibility and forfeiture provisions set forth below.
4. LICENSES AND REPRESENTATIONS: “Entry Materials” include:  all information and material submitted by you in connection with these Contests, including the Entry and all other forms, contracts or releases required to be submitted by you as a contestant, whether required by Administrator prior to or after Entry;  your name, likeness, image and biographical data as contained in or reflected by the Entry and  all photographs, artwork, writings, statements, dramatic materials, ideas, quotations and any other intellectual properties created by you in connection with these Contests, whether submitted to Administrator or not, including the Entry.
All material owned by Sponsor or its respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated and successor companies; the sponsoring, administering, advertising, promotional and fulfillment agencies of each of them (individually and collectively, “Entities“), including but not limited to any copyright, trademark, picture, logo, title art or other intellectual property, shall remain their respective property and you shall acquire no rights therein by virtue of these Contests.
Except as specifically provided herein, by entering these Contests, you hereby grant to Sponsor, its licensees, affiliates, distributors, agents, representatives and other authorized users, a perpetual, non-exclusive, irrevocable, fully-paid, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable (in whole or part) worldwide license under all copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, privacy and publicity rights and other intellectual property rights you own or control to use, reproduce, transmit, display, exhibit, distribute, index, comment on, modify, create derivative works based upon, perform and otherwise exploit such Entry Materials, in whole or in part, in all media formats and channels now known or hereafter devised (including but not limited to on Sponsor’s websites, on the Website, on third party web sites, on Sponsor’s broadcast and cable networks and stations, on Sponsor’s broadband and wireless platforms, products and services, on physical media, and in theatrical release), for any and all purposes including entertainment, news, advertising, promotional, marketing, publicity, trade or commercial purposes, all without further notice to you, with or without attribution, and without the requirement of any permission from or payment to you or to any other person or entity (“Submissions License“).
By submitting the Entry Materials for Entry in these Contests, you further represent and warrant to Administrator that the Entry Materials and everything depicted therein:  conform to the Website’s TOU and these Rules;  are original and do not originate from a magazine, newspaper or other commercial or proprietary source;  have not previously been submitted in a sweepstakes or contest of any kind or exhibited or displayed publicly through any means;  do not contain material which is (or promote activities which are) defamatory, libelous, abusive, harassing, threatening, an invasion of a right of privacy of another person, bigoted, hateful, racially offensive, discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, national origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), violent (e.g., relating to murder, the sales of weapons, cruelty, abuse, etc.), vulgar, obscene, pornographic or otherwise sexually explicit, harmful or can reasonably be expected to harm any person or entity, profane, offensive or otherwise objectionable as determined by Administrator in its sole discretion;  do not contain material which is (or promote activities which are) illegal or encourage or advocate illegal activity or the discussion of illegal activities with the intent to commit them (including Entry Material that is, or represents an attempt to engage in, child pornography, stalking, sexual assault, fraud, trafficking in obscene or stolen material, underage drinking, drug dealing and/or drug abuse, harassment, computer hacking, theft, or conspiracy to commit any criminal activity) or otherwise unlawful as determined by Administrator in its sole discretion;  do not infringe, contain intellectual property that infringes (e.g., trademarks, logos, insignia, location signage, photographs, artwork, sculptures, props, costumes, backgrounds or other material), or otherwise violate any right of a third party including: (a) copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary or contractual rights, (b) right of privacy (specifically, you must not distribute another person’s personal information of any kind without their express permission) or publicity; or © any confidentiality obligation;  are not commercial, business-related, advertisements or offers to sell any products or services (whether or not for profit);  do not solicit others (including solicitations for contributions or donations);  do not contain viruses or other harmful components, or otherwise tamper with, impair or damage Sponsor’s websites or any connected network, or otherwise interfere with any entity’s use or enjoyment of Sponsor’s websites;  generally pertain to the designated topic or theme of these Contests;  do not violate any specific restrictions applicable to a public forum on the Website, including its age restrictions and procedures, and  are not antisocial, disruptive, or destructive, including “flaming,” “spamming,” “flooding,” “trolling,” and “griefing” as those terms are commonly understood and used on the internet. Administrator may, in its sole discretion, disqualify and remove any Entry or contestant that Administrator deems to be in violation of these Licenses and Representations at any time.
5. LIMITATIONS: There is no limit to the number of Entries you can submit as long as each Entry is different. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an Entry, the Entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the Address is registered. Entries by any method other than set forth in Paragraph 3 above are void. Any use of automated or programmed methods of effecting Entry is prohibited. These Contests are open only to Members in compliance with the TOU who are legal residents physically located within the 50 United States or District of Columbia (“Territory“) and who are not minors at the time of Entry (as defined by state of primary residence, “Minor“). Employees, consultants, independent contractors, agents or interns who have, within the past six months, performed services for any of the Entities, their household members and immediate family members, are not eligible to participate in these Contests. “Household members” shall mean people who share the same residence at least three months a year. “Immediate family members” shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses.
Neither the Entities, nor any of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents or representatives (individually and collectively, “Releasees”) are responsible for Entries from persons residing, or physically located, outside the Territory; or Entries that are altered, delayed, deleted, destroyed, forged, fraudulent, improperly accessed, inaccurate, incomplete, interrupted, irregular in any way, late, lost, misdirected, multiple, non-delivered, stolen, tampered with, unauthorized, unintelligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Rules; or for inaccurate or incomplete capture online of Contest Entry information (including the Official Entry Form); lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections; miscommunications; failed phone, computer hardware or software or telephone transmissions; technical failures; unauthorized human intervention; traffic congestion; garbled or jumbled transmissions; undeliverable emails resulting from any form of active or passive email filtering; insufficient space in your email account to receive email; or other errors of any kind, whether due to electronic, human, mechanical, printing, production or technical errors or other causes; even if caused by the negligence of any of the Releasees. Each of such potential Entries will be disqualified; and any attempt by a person to use multiple Addresses or identities to register more than once may result in disqualification at Administrator’s sole discretion. Administrator is not obligated to communicate with any contestant during the duration of these Contests. Void where prohibited or restricted by law and subject to all applicable federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations. Please review these Rules and the TOU carefully; however, in the event of a conflict between these Rules and the TOU, these Rules will control. Administrator may, in its sole discretion, disqualify and remove any Entry or contestant that Administrator deems to be in violation of these Limitations at any time.
(a) Five (5) Weekly Prizes (one for each Weekly Winner): Includes:  One (1) basket of Disney Baby products, determined by Sponsor at its sole discretion, and  one (1) case of Huggies® diapers. Approximate retail value (“ARV”): $599. Total ARV of all Weekly Prizes: $2,995. If you are chosen as one of the Weekly Winners, you are not eligible to be the Fan Winner.
(b) One (1) Fan Prize for the Fan Winner: one four (4) day / three (3) night vacation at a family-friendly Beaches Resorts Luxury Included® in Turks & Caicos or Jamaica (“Resort”) for Fan Winner and three (3) guests – two (2) adults and two (2) children, ages 15 and under – (collectively, “Group 1″) to a destination chosen by Sponsor (“Trip 1″) consisting of the following elements:  Resort accommodations (deluxe accommodations/double occupancy, including room tax) for three (3) nights;  all meals, unlimited premium brand beverages, daily & nightly entertainment, all land and water sports, including scuba diving (for certified divers), snorkeling, gratuities; ;   if Fan Winner’s residence is located more than two hundred fifty (250) miles from a major metropolitan airport near the Fan Winner’s residence (“Airport of Origin”), round-trip coach air transportation on a Sponsor-selected carrier between Airport of Origin and nearest major metropolitan airport to Resort, but if Fan Winner’s residence is located two hundred fifty (250) miles or less from the Resort, round-trip ground transportation via a Sponsor-selected method between Fan Winners’ residence and the Resort; airport/Resort transfers if air transportation is provided; one (1) basket of Disney Baby products, determined by Sponsor at its sole discretion, and  one (1) year’s supply (20 cases) of Huggies® diapers. All unspecified travel-related and Resort expenses, including but not limited to ground transportation, luggage fees, resort processing fee, telephone calls, internet, spa treatments and services, specialty dining, tours & excursions, inter-island transportation, SCUBA certification courses, island departure taxes, additional meals & beverages outside of the Resort, gratuities and incidental personal expenses, are the sole responsibility of the Fan Winner. ARV: $8,700, which will vary depending upon point of departure and seasonal fluctuation of Resort rates and airfares. Trip 1 must be completed by July 30, 2013. All members of the Group 1 must have a valid US Passport in order to travel to these international destinations. Blackout dates may apply.
(c) One (1) Grand Prize for the Grand Winner: a five (5) day / four (4) night trip for Grand Winner and three (3) guests (collectively, “Group 2″) to Los Angeles, CA (“City”), on Sponsor-selected dates estimated to be September 5, 2012 – September 9, 2012 (“Trip 2″), consisting of the following elements: [a] the opportunity to participate in the Disney Baby Store opening to take place in Los Angeles, CA on September 7, 2012 (“Opening”); [b] the opportunity to participate in a photo shoot (“Shoot”) for a DisneyBaby ad in a national magazine. Photo will also appear on DisneyBaby.com; [c] a crawl-on role for the Grand Winner’s Baby (only) on a Sponsor-selected episode in the Season 2 of ABC Family’s Baby Daddy (“Crawl-On Role”) during a separate trip (including four (4) nights hotel and airfare for a family of four (4) to Los Angeles (date determined by Sponsor). Crawl-On Role is subject to availability, scheduling and Sponsor’s selection and discretion, and if Season 2 is not available, a cash substitution of $5,000 will be awarded) in lieu of this portion of the prize; [d] hotel accommodations (one standard room/quad occupancy, including room tax) for four (4) nights; [e] a $10,000 scholarship (awarded as a check) to be used towards the Baby’s education or any other purpose Grand Winner chooses, [f] the Grand Winner (only) will receive one (1) $2,500 cash stipend (awarded as a check) to help defray payment of income and sales taxes payable as a result of winning the Grand Prize. The Sponsor makes no warranties, guarantees or representations that the cash portion of the Grand Prize will be sufficient to pay the Grand Winner’s tax liability; [g] hotel/Shoot and hotel/Opening transfers; [h] a Disney Gift Card with a value of five hundred dollars ($500) and [i] if Grand Winner’s residence is located more than two hundred fifty (250) miles from the City, round-trip coach air transportation between a Sponsor-selected major metropolitan airport near Grand Winner’s residence (“airport of origin”) and a Sponsor-selected major airport in or near City; but if Grand Winner’s residence is located two hundred fifty (250) miles or less from the City, round-trip ground transportation via an Sponsor-selected method between Grand Winner’s residence and the hotel; [j] airport/hotel transfers if air transportation is provided;[k] one (1) year’s supply (20 cases) of Huggies® diapers. ARV: $24,700, which will vary depending upon point of departure and seasonal fluctuation of hotel rates and airfares. Dates subject to change at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Total ARV of all prizes: $36,395. Limit one prize per person/Address except the Grand Winner will also win one Weekly Prize. All terms and conditions of the Gift Card apply. The prize award is subject to Administrator’s verification of eligibility and compliance with the TOU and these Rules. All expenses not specifically mentioned herein are not included in either Trip 1 or Trip 2 and are solely the winner’s responsibility, including but not limited to: round trip transportation between the winner’s residence and any Airport of Origin, alcoholic beverages, tax, gratuities and tips, incidental expenses, insurance, laundry service, merchandise, parking, service charges, souvenirs, spa treatments and telephone calls. Travel and lodging are subject to availability, certain restrictions, blackout dates and Administrator’s approval. Airline carrier and Resort regulations and conditions apply. Trip 1 must be taken on Sponsor-selected dates and completed by July 30, 2013, and Trip 2 on Sponsor-selected dates of September 5, 2012 – September 9, 2012, or such Trip will be forfeited in its entirety. Dates subject to change at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Travel must be made through Sponsor’s agent and Sponsor shall determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. Releasees are not responsible for airline cancellations or delays. If the actual value of a prize is less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded. Any depiction of a prize is for illustrative purposes only and may not reflect actual prize won. Prizes are not redeemable for cash or transferable, except to a surviving spouse residing in the same household. No substitution allowed except, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, a prize of equal or greater value may be substituted. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Prize elements may not be separated. Airline tickets issued in conjunction with any prize are not eligible for frequent flyer miles, and no code share flights may be used. Prizes cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. All Prizes will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible Entries are received and prizes are validly claimed by August 30, 2012, after which no alternate winners will be selected, nor unclaimed prizes awarded. Once the travel schedule has been arranged, it cannot be altered and failure of winner to follow such schedule shall not obligate Sponsor in any way to provide the winner with alternate arrangements.
7. PROCEDURES: Weekly Entries will only be accepted during the applicable Weekly Entry Period as there will be no carry-overs from earlier Contests to later ones. On or about the Thursday following each Weekly Contest, the Potential Weekly Winner will be selected by the Panel on the basis of the Criteria from all eligible Weekly Entries received during the applicable Weekly Entry Period. Finalist Voting will only be accepted during the Finalist Voting Period. On or about July 24, 2012, the potential Grand Winner will be determined from all eligible Finalist Voting. Fan Entries and Fan Voting will only be accepted during the Master Period. On or about June 29, 2012, the potential Fan Winner will be determined from all eligible Fan Voting.
8. WINNERS: On or about the Friday following each Weekly Entry Period, the potential Weekly Winner will be notified by phone and by email. On or about June 29, 2012, the potential Fan Winner will be notified by phone and email to obtain mailing address and then will be sent documents described below via overnight mail. On or about July 25, 2012, the potential Grand Winner will be notified by phone and email to obtain a mailing address and then will be sent documents described below via overnight mail. At the sole discretion of Administrator, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following:  potential winner’s failure to respond to notification within two (2) business days after its transmission;  the return of an email notification as undeliverable after two (2) attempts;  the return of any Weekly Prize as undeliverable;  potential winner’s failure to provide Administrator with satisfactory proof of age, identity and residency;  potential winner’s failure to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability/Publicity Release within two (2) business days after it is mailed;  potential Weekly Winner’s failure to claim any Weekly Prize within four (4) business days after it is sent;  potential winner’s failure to validly claim any prize by August 30, 2012;  potential Grand or Fan Winners’ failure to be available to make a Trip on Administrator-selected dates and  any other non-compliance with these Rules or the TOU. In the event of a prize forfeiture, Administrator may, in its sole discretion, award or not award the forfeited prize to an alternate winner. The members of a Group (individually, “Group Member”) must travel together on the same itinerary and each Group Member is solely responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documents (i.e. valid photo I.D, passport etc.) before departure. All guests will be required to execute a Release of Liability prior to ticketing. Any Group Member who is a Minor must be accompanied at all times during the Trip (including, but not limited to, in-flight, and all prize-related events) by his/her Parent, who must sign and return all required documentation. All taxes, expenses, costs and fees associated with the receipt or use of any prize are solely the responsibility of each winner; and the Fan and Grand Winners will each receive an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the final actual value of their prizes.
9. TIED ENTRIES: In the event of a tie in the Voting or in the Judging, tied Entries will be re-judged by the Panel using one or more of the Criteria.
12. RULES & WINNERS’ LIST: For names of winners (after July 25, 2012, and/or Rules (before June 29, 2012), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Disney Baby Little Character Contest Winner’s List Requests, c/o Ventura Associates, Dept. VP, 1040 6th Ave., NYC, NY 10018, designating either winners’ list or Rules. Winners’ first names, initial of last names and city of residence will be posted on the Website on or about August 9, 2012.
International Family Entertainment, Inc. dba ABC Family is neither a sponsor of this promotion nor has any responsibilities regarding its conduct or administration.
Beaches Resort is a registered trademark of Beaches and is neither a sponsor of nor affiliated with this promotion.