Pooh’s Beehive Cupcakes
A baby shower inspired by Pooh Bear calls for nothing less than a treat that will have guests buzzing — such as a batch of these sweet cupcakes decorated with lemon frosting hives and jelly bean bees.
- Batch of baked yellow cupcakes
- Plastic decorating bag for piping frosting (check the cake decorating section of your grocery or craft store)
- Lemon frosting or white frosting tinted yellow
- Jelly beans (yellow and black)
- Paring knife
- Sliced almonds
1. Cut off the tip of the plastic decorating bag so that the opening is about 3/4 inch wide. Then fill the bag with lemon or yellow-tinted frosting (not too full or the frosting will come out the top when you squeeze it).
2. On each cupcake, create a hive by first piping a blob of frosting on the center, as shown. Next, pipe frosting around the entire cupcake top. Start along the outer edge and work toward the middle, going up and over the center blob.
3. For the candy bees, carefully slice a few yellow and black jelly beans into thin strips, and save all the black jelly bean ends. For each bee, place a thin black slice between two yellow slices and then add the black jelly bean ends to the front and back. Gently press the pieces together until they stick.
4. Place a couple of candy bees on each hive, pressing down just enough to stick them in place. For the finishing touch, add a pair of sliced almond wings to each bee.
For more Winnie the Pooh fun, check out the official Winnie the Pooh site.
|For more inspiration to help plan the perfect baby shower, take a look at the Huggies Baby Shower Pinterest page.|