Minnie’s Mini Polka-dotted Pizzas
You can always count on Minnie Mouse to add pizzazz to a party. Topped with fresh mozzarella polka dots, these tasty little pizzas make great shower fare.
- Fresh mozzarella cheese
- Cutting board
- Kitchen knife
- Round fondant cutter (about 5/8 inches wide)
- Plastic wrap
- Batch of pizza dough (homemade or store bought)
- Rolling pin
- Round cookie cutter (about 2¾ inches wide)
- Nonstick baking sheet
- Pizza sauce (classic or creamy vodka-style marinara)
1. Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. On a cutting board, cut the mozzarella into 1/4 inch slices. Use the fondant cutter to cut a bunch of cheese polka dots from each slice and then cover the dots with a piece of plastic wrap for now.
3. Roll out the pizza dough on a flour-dusted surface so that it is about 3/8 to 1/4 inch thick.
4. Use the cookie cutter to cut out as many dough circles as possible. Arrange the mini crusts spaced apart on a nonstick baking sheet. Then top each with a teaspoon of sauce.
5. Bake the mini pizzas until the sauce starts to bubble and the crusts brown (about 5 to 7 minutes).
6. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and immediately top each pizza with three mozzarella dots. Allow the cheese to partially melt for a couple of minutes, and serve.
For more Mickey and Minnie fun, check out the official Mickey Mouse site.
|For more inspiration to help plan the perfect baby shower, take a look at the Huggies Baby Shower Pinterest page.|