Mickey & Minnie Cupcakes
Brightly frosted cupcakes make a sweet display for this shower. Pink and blue Mickey and Minnie cupcakes are perfect for celebrating a new baby girl or boy. Use dark chocolate candy melts to make Mickey shaped candies for decorating the cupcakes.
- 12 chocolate cupcakes, baked from your favorite recipe
- 16 oz store-bought white frosting
- Gel food coloring, Aqua blue, Rose, red, blue (we used Wilton brand)
- Candy Melts, dark cocoa
- 2 Piping bags
- Decorator tips, size 1 (we used Wilton brand)
- Waxed paper
2. Melt candy melts according to package instructions. Pour melted chocolate into a piping bag fitted with a size 1 decorator tip.
3. Pipe Mickey shapes onto the waxed paper, following the guide of the template. Place the chocolates in the refrigerator for about five minutes, or until set.
4. Divide white frosting into two bowls. Color one bowl with a combination of aqua blue, and blue gel food coloring. A few drops of each should work. For the pink combine equal parts rose, and red gel food coloring. You only need a few drops of each since gel food coloring is highly concentrated.
5. Once desired colors are achieved, frost half of the cupcakes with the pink frosting, and half with the blue. Leave a small rim of chocolate cake exposed on each cupcake.
6. Spoon the remaining pink frosting into a clean piping bag and fit with a decorator tip size 1.
7. Remove the cooled Mickey chocolates from the refrigerator and place one on each cupcake.
8. Use the pink frosting in the piping bag to add small pink bows to the teal frosted cupcakes.
For more Mickey and Minnie fun, check out the official Mickey Mouse site.
|For more inspiration to help plan the perfect baby shower, take a look at the Huggies Baby Shower Pinterest page.|