Little Sweet Hearts
Made from sugar-sprinkled strips of puff pastry, these dainty confections will make a charming addition to your princess-themed shower menu.
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Box of puff pastry dough, thawed
- Wax paper
- Clear or pink cake decorating sugar crystals
- Kitchen knife
1. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside for now. Heat the oven to the temperature indicated on the puff pastry box.
2. Unfold the thawed puff pastry and set it atop a wax-paper covered surface. Sprinkle sugar crystals on the dough, and gently press down on them just enough to make them stick in place.
3. Cut the dough into 1/2-inch-wide strips.
4. Working with one strip at a time (sugary side out), roll the ends toward the center, as shown. Then gently pinch the dough below the rolls to create the pointed bottom of the heart.
5. Arrange the hearts on the baking sheet, spaced evenly apart, and bake them just until the tops start to turn golden brown (about 8 to 10 minutes).
For more Princess fun, check out the official Disney Princess site.
|For more inspiration to help plan the perfect baby shower, take a look at the Huggies Baby Shower Pinterest page.|