Lion Tail Breadsticks
Topped with Parmesan and paprika seasoned tufts, these savory snacks will spice up your shower menu.
- Batch of white or whole-wheat pizza dough
- Rolling pin
- Template for Lion Tail Breadsticks
- Kitchen knife or small pastry cutter
- Pastry brush
- Olive oil
- Grated Parmesan
- Baking sheet, lightly oiled
- Cooling rack
1. Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Working on a flour-dusted flat surface, roll the dough into a large rectangle about 1/4 to 3/8 inch thick.
3. Print the template and cut out the pieces. Use the kitchen knife or pastry cutter and the template pieces (as patterns) to cut out as many lion tail shapes as you can from the dough.
4. Brush a light coating of olive oil on the tail tufts. Top each with a pinch of grated Parmesan, gently pressing it onto the dough to stick it in place. Add a sprinkling of paprika.
5. Arrange the dough tails spaced apart on the baking sheet, curving the portion below each tuft into a very loose S-shape.
6. Bake the breadsticks until the bottoms turn light brown, about six minutes or so. Then transfer them to a rack to cool before serving.
For more Lion King fun, check out the official The Lion King site.
|For more inspiration to help plan the perfect baby shower, take a look at the Huggies Baby Shower Pinterest page.|