Guess the Clownfish Count Baby Shower Game
Here’s a playful guessing game that nets a sweet reward — a colorful candy jar reminiscent of a certain little clownfish with uncontained curiosity. To win, all you have to do is come up with a jellybean tally that comes closest to the actual number. For fun, jot down your estimate for the jar shown here. The answer is printed at the end of the directions.
- Decorative jar with a cover
- Jellybeans (orange, black, and white)*
- Long-handled wooden spoon
- Template for Guess the Clownfish Count baby shower game
- A pen or pencil for guest to write down their guess
* You’ll need about 2 pounds of orange, and 1 pound each of black and white to fill a jar that’s about 6 inches tall and 5 inches wide like the one shown here. You can buy individual colors in bulk at candy shops or online.
1. Prepare the jar by first filling the bottom third of the jar with orange jellybeans. Tip: To keep track of how many you put in the jar, for every fifty you add, place a single jellybean of the same color in a small bowl. Use the wooden spoon handle to gently even out the top of the layer.
2. Next, create a thin layer of black jellybeans (just two beans or so deep). Add white jellybeans after that, stopping when the jar is nearly two thirds full. Follow that with a second layer of black that matches the depth of the first one. Finally fill the rest of the jar with orange jellybeans. Cap the jar and tie a decorative ribbon around the neck if you like.
3. Print the template and cut out the name cards. Hand them out when the guests arrive so they can write down their guesses for the number of jellybeans in the jar. The person whose number is closest to the actual tally gets to take the jar home.
*Jellybean Count: There are 1,050 jellybeans in the jar pictured here.
For more Nemo fun, check out the official Finding Nemo site.
|For more inspiration to help plan the perfect baby shower, take a look at the Huggies Baby Shower Pinterest page.|