DIY Birth Announcement
Spread the news of your baby’s arrival with this super simple DIY birth announcement. With just some simple paper crafting tools and materials it’s easy to introduce the new addition to your friends and family.
- Baby photo
- Craft knife, ruler and cutting mat or paper trimmer
- Decorative double-edge paper punch
- Letter sized colored card stock (4 announcements per sheet)
- White card stock
- Matching envelopes – A2 size
2. Cut the baby photos to a 3” square. Cut strips of white card stock using the paper punch.
3. On your computer type and set the text for your announcement four times on one sheet. The text should be typed twice 1/2” from the bottom of the sheet and twice 1/2” above the half-way mark. Print and cut the letter-sized sheet into four announcements (each is 4.25” x 5.5”).
4. Cut the decorative strips to 4.25” long. Glue each piece centered horizontally behind each photo. Glue the strip and photo to 1/2” from the top of the announcement.