Chocolate Whitewall Donuts
Inspired by Luigi’s Casa Della Tires, these homebaked chocolate donut tires will have shower guests racing to the buffet table.
- Baked donut pan
- Mixing bowls
- Wooden spoon
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup cooled coffee
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- Wire cooling rack
- White fondant
- Wax paper
- Rolling pin
- Round fondant cutters, 2 1/4-inch and 1 1/2-inch in diameter
- Tube of decorators icing
1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour the cups of the donut pan, and set it aside for now.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, cocoa powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the egg, buttermilk, oil, coffee, and vanilla extract.
3. Stir the buttermilk mixture into the dry ingredients just until combined.
4. Fill the donut pan cups about three quarters of the way. Bake the donuts until a toothpick inserted into the centers comes out clean (about 10 minutes).
5. Let the baked donuts cool in the pan for a couple of minutes or so and then transfer them to the wire rack to finish cooling.
6. Prepare the whitewall tops by rolling out the fondant between sheets of wax paper. For each donut, first cut out a 2 1/4-inch fondant circle. Then create a ring by cutting a 1 1/2-inch circle from the center of the first circle.
7. Use dabs of decorator icing to stick a fondant whitewall to the top of each donut.
For more Cars fun, check out the official Cars site.
|For more inspiration to help plan the perfect baby shower, take a look at the Huggies Baby Shower Pinterest page.|