Like many moms, I appreciate a healthy and hearty breakfast that feeds both mama and baby. Bonus points are awarded if the meal is easy to prepare and tastes delicious. This baked oatmeal didn’t disappoint. It was so simple that my daughters, 6 and 4, prepared it on their own with my supervision. When I normally make oatmeal on the stove (I don’t own a microwave), I’m forced to watch over it the entire time so that the milk doesn’t boil over and to continually stir the oats so they don’t burn on the bottom of the pan. With this baked version, I was able to play with the girls while the scent of cinnamon filled the house. Once it was ready, we poured a little milk on top and devoured every bite. It tasted just like oatmeal cookies!
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Additional milk for serving, optional
- In a large bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, and butter. Stir into oat mixture until blended.
- Spoon into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until set. Serve warm with milk.