More on Disney Baby
Create magical moments with these inspired ideas and feel-good products.
What to Pack for Toddler Summer Camp
Next week, my 18-month old starts his toddler summer camp. We decided to only send him for one week as a way to get him prepared for when he officially starts “pre-school” in September. Besides, as new parents I’m sure we’ll be in tears, so it kind of helps prepare us as well. The other day when I was talking to my husband, he asked me, “So what does Andres need to take to summer camp?”
“Umm, I dunno,” I responded. “Himself?” We hadn’t given it much thought.
As a work-at-home mom, the only thing I’ve had to worry about is packing his diaper bag when we go out. This time around, he would be away for more than 2 hours — eeek! I contacted the school and they sent me a list. Every school is different, but for all the new mommies out there, I thought I’d share the supply list and what we’re planning on packing.
- Nap sack, crib sheet, blanket, pillow (our son doesn’t sleep on a pillow, so we’re taking his teddy bear instead)
- 1 pack of diapers
- 1 pack of wipes
- Extra clothes (4 complete sets): tops, bottoms, socks, shoes without laces/Velcro
- 1 gallon-size Ziploc bag (not sure what this is for)
- 1 refill bottle of hand sanitizer
- 1 bottle of bug repellent (we live in Miami, so mosquitoes are everywhere)
- Not on the list, but I’m also planning on packing his sippy cup.
Everything also has to be labeled with his first and last name.
Is there anything that I’m missing? What have you found helpful to pack?