More on Disney Baby
Create magical moments with these inspired ideas and feel-good products.
What I Miss When I'm Away From Home
As I write this, I’m 39,000 feet in the air, headed 3000 miles away from my babies. (Don’t tell my 6 — or even 3-year old — that I still think of him as a baby!) I’m off to a business conference, and while I’m excited to meet other Disney Baby bloggers and see many of my writing friends, I can’t help but think of what I’ll be missing at home — the stuff of motherhood that is too easily taken for granted in the hustle and bustle of life with three little kids.
Here are just a few of the little somethings I’ll miss while I’m away for four (yes, four!) days.
- Perfectly pudgy baby feet, politely crossed
- Creased, scrumptiously soft baby skin
- Ruffling brittle, over-chlorinated summer hair
- Walking into the nursery to find my baby girl awake, happily waving and saying (with her seemingly southern accent), “Hi!”
- Awkward fingers navigating the zucchini-to-mouth adventure
- Lovey cuddles and sniffs
- Enthusiastic giggles, claps, hugs, and (far-too-wet) kisses
- The uninhibited wiggle of little bodies when music starts to play
- Being the only person in the world who can cure ouchies, fill water cups, and play referee
- The look of pride on my kids’ faces when they think they’ve done something truly amazing (because, of course, it was)
- Crossing the street so I have an excuse to feel a little hand inside of mine
- The way “no” can become an eight-syllable word
- Being hit in the head with a ball while I’m eating lunch (ok, maybe I won’t miss that)
- Reading bedtime stories — the medal for another successful day under our belts
- Peaceful bodies that have given themselves over entirely to the world of sleep
Yes, that’s just the beginning of what I’ll miss. But I know I’ll appreciate these things so much more after missing the everyday moments for just a bit.
When you’re away from home, what do you miss?