Alternatives to Top 15 Boys' Names
Just as I did for the popular girls’ names, I took the Top 15 overly popular baby names for boys and found cool alternatives that aren’t quite as chart topping.
Besides choosing a less popular baby name, this list could be especially helpful if you’re feeling pressure to use, say, a family name, yet you lean toward more exotic, untraditional choices. There just might be a compromise in this here list.
Based on their histories, meanings, nicknames, and/or sounds, here are alternate picks for the most popular boys’ names right now:
1. Jacob - Judah, Caleb, Jonah, Abel, Max, Jax
2. Mason - Miles, Macon, Smith, Moses, Greyson/Grayson, Maddox
3. William - Willem, Walton, Walter
4. Jayden - Julian, Jay, Grayson, Quentin
5. Noah - Noem, Nolan, Jonah, Judah, Moses, Tobiah, Joah
6. Michael - Micah, Mica, Makai, Mikko, Makis
7. Ethan - Evan, Ian, Nathan, Elliot, Egan, Esmond, Edwin, Eli, Ewen
8. Alexander - Alec, Augustine, August, Xander, Alessio, Alessandro, Alasdair/Alistair, Nathaniel, Alexio
9. Aiden - Odin, Auden, Eamon, Arden, Arlo, Declan, Ashton, Edison
10. Daniel - Dashiell, Desmond, Duncan, Donahue (Don), Nilo (a cooler Spanish version of Daniel)
11. Anthony - Antonio, Anton
12. Matthew - Nathaniel, Matthias, Mateo
13. Elijah - Ezra, Josiah, Eli, Silas, Elliot, Elias, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Tobiah
14. Joshua - Josiah, Asher
15. Liam - Callum, Declan, Levi, Leo
Photo: Buy this personalized birth announcement print from the Etsy shop Prints Charming Decor ($15).