It’s true that you really don’t need anything to breastfeed your baby. However, in my experience I have found some items quite helpful! From the first few days of nursing to extended nursing in the toddler stage, here are my top 8 breastfeeding must-haves…
- Breastfeeding pillow – This is extremely helpful in the beginning when both you and your baby are learning to figure things out.
- Nursing bra – I like the stretchy, cup-less wireless kind.
- Nursing tank – These are amazing and make breastfeeding in public a cinch.
- Breast pads – Some women leak only during the first few weeks of nursing, while others leak for months. Nursing pads are a must!
- Lanolin – This and other nipple creams keep your nipples soft and help with any pain you might experience.
- Water – I have found this to be the single most important substance for maintaining a healthy milk supply.
- Breastfeeding book – This was essential when I had my first baby. From learning positions and troubleshooting problems to asking questions and understanding the mindset of a nursing mother, this book was my bible!
- Your lactation consultant’s phone number – The biggest mistake I’ve ever made while breastfeeding was not getting help when I should have. LCs are amazing and can help you around any problem you may encounter.