More on Disney Baby
Create magical moments with these inspired ideas and feel-good products.
The Splash Zone!
I knew that having a baby came with a laundry (ha!) list of ways that I’d end up covered in food and other such messes. But I didn’t realize how often I’d be in the splash zone without realizing it. Click through for some of the places I’ve learned are the most “dangerous” splash zones and a pretty hilarious photo of my husband getting splashed…
The number one most dangerous splash zone is when you’re playing what we like to call “flying baby”. It’s a game where you lift the baby up above your head so they are in a superman style posture and coo, “FLYING BABY” and watch a huge smile cross your baby’s face. This has been one of our son’s favorite games since he was a newborn. We still play it even at 7 months. This last Easter my husband learned the hard way that when you play this game, you are in the splash zone…
I don’t think I’ve laughed so hard in my entire life. I couldn’t breathe I was laughing so hard. I watched the whole thing happen, realizing it was going to happen about a split second before my husband did and then watching everything like it was in slow motion. Then I fell over in the grass in a hysterical fit of giggles, like the loving, helpful, and sympathetic wife that I am. Needless to say, we’re both pretty careful now when we play Flying Baby. ;)
Some other splash zones to be aware of include…
- Bouncing a baby on your legs within 30 minutes of a feeding
- Any games that put your face directly below the baby’s face, like the every popular into-the-air-baby-toss
- Sitting next to a baby eating pureed baby food (ours likes to blow raspberries and the food goes flyin’)
- Changing a baby boy’s diaper without some sort of strategic “covering” maneuver
- Anytime you’ve gotten dressed up nicely and need to be somewhere quickly ;)