For every mom, it’s going to be different, but I think most parents have things that, when they do them, make them feel like a really good parent. The kinds of things you hold on to when you have to say no to a game in favor of bedtime or when your baby is fussing in the carseat and you can’t do anything about it.
Here are ten things that make me feel like a good mother:
- Having a healthy dinner as a family, with enough time before bed that we don’t have to rush through our eating, but can sit around together visiting and enjoying each other and our food.
- Reading books in bed together in the morning. I love a day when we have nothing going on and we can stay in our pajamas for an extra thirty minutes snuggling in my bed with a big pile of books.
- Taking walks together. We live near a gorgeous walking trail that goes over a river, next to a dog park, and past gorgeous trees. Any day we can get outside and Ella can run along the path, get some fresh air, and burn some energy is a day I feel like a great mom.
- Letting her cook with me and not worrying about how long it takes or if it makes a bit (or a lot) of a mess.
- Giving us enough time when we’re going somewhere that I don’t have to rush her along. She likes the time to be able to walk