My first baby was born smack in the middle of summer (and I was living in an apartment with no air-conditioning).
At the time, I didn’t even consider using a summer-inspired name, but now, as summer takes the stage, I’m loving the idea of a name that reflects this sunny time of year:
- Summer – This is such an obvious one, but I’ve always liked it. It just brings the happiest time of year to mind.
- Sol – A Hebrew name meaning “sun,” this is perfect for a little guy born in summer.
- June – This name is making a huge comeback!
- August – If your baby is born as summer drifts into early fall, this name is a great option.
- Julius – If July is a bit too much for you, this Greek spin might work better.
- Coral – When it’s summer, I want to be at the beach, and this throw-back names perfectly evokes those warm days on the sand.
- Sunny – Whether you use this as a full name or as a nickname, it’s sweet and bright.
- Kai – A Hawaiian name meaning “ocean.”
- Sky – There’s nothing like a summer sky, is there? I love this name for both boys and girls.
- Rose – I couldn’t avoid using a flower name here; summer makes me think of big bright blossoms. (There are lots of other great options too, like Lily and Daisy).