For many school is out (or almost out) and summer time is here! I just love summer. I love the long days, going to the beach, eating popsicles on the porch, and all the fun we get to have as a family. Also, my son is a summer baby (born in August) and I started thinking about all you mamas-to-be who are expecting this summer. If you’re having a hard time deciding on a name maybe one of these Spanish names inspired by this wonderful season will pique your interest.
- Sol: This is sun in Spanish. Nothing says summer like the warm sun.
- Marina: This name means “from the sea.” I don’t know about you but I love spending summer days by the sea.
- Rio: If you don’t have an ocean nearby you might spend your summer days at the river, which is what Rio means.
- Selena: This is a popular name in the Latino community thanks to the famous Mexican singer – and in Greek mythology Selena is the sister of Helios, the sun god.
- Nereida: Another Spanish name inspired by Greek mythology and the meaning is “sea nymphs.”
- Marisol: If you take this name literally “mar y sol” it translates to “sea and sun.”
- Augusto: This name translates to August.
- Julio: And this name translates to July.
Does your baby have a name inspired by Summer?