Pretty and practical, here’s a fun baby shower decoration that will be put to good use right after the little princess’s arrival.
- 54 Huggies (Little Snugglers) diapers
- 54 small rubber bands
- 10 large rubber bands
- Three 7-inch-long wooden dowel lengths
- Pink or lavender tulle (cut into strips 3 inches wide by 42 inches long)
- Pink and lavender ribbons and/or sewing trims
- Hot glue gun
- Faux flowers and/or butterflies
- Dimensional flower and/or heart stickers
1. One at a time, open each diaper, roll it up snuggly, and secure it with a small rubber band.
2. Now create the top layer of the “cake” by standing a single rolled diaper on end and encircling it with five more. Bind the six diapers together with two large rubber bands, positioning one band an inch or so from the top of the diaper circle and the other equidistant from the bottom. Next, arrange twelve additional diapers around the circumference and bind them in place with another pair of large rubber bands. Tip: Face the loose ends of the rolled diapers toward the center of the cake so the outside looks smooth and uniform.
3. For the bottom layer, repeat step 2. Then arrange eighteen additional diapers around the circumference and bind them in place.
4. Stack the two cake layers and secure them together by inserting the wooden dowel lengths between the diapers in three places and gently pushing them down so that they aren’t visible from the cake top.
5. Decorate the assembled cake by first tying long strips of tulle around each of the two layers. Top the tulle with decorative ribbon and/or sewing trim. You can either tie the ribbon ends together (in the same fashion as the tulle) or overlap and hot-glue them.
6. Embellish the cake top with lengths of curled ribbon, if you like, simply tucking the centers between the diapers and allowing the ends to drape over the side.
7. For the finishing touch, attach faux flowers and stickers to the ribbon and cake top.
For more Princess fun, check out the official Disney Princess site.
|/>||For more inspiration to help plan the perfect baby shower, take a look at the Huggies Baby Shower Pinterest page.|