Made from felt hearts, this stretchy one-size-fits-all crown is a fun topper for the first-birthday girl to wear at her party, or any time she’s in the mood for a royal celebration.
- Thin, stretch pink baby headband
- Template for Princess Crown Headband
- Felt (dark pink, light pink and white)
- Hot glue gun
- Felt sticker hearts (1 inch wide or so)
2. Hot glue a small, medium and large center heart together in a stack, as shown. You don’t need to use a lot of glue; a thin line down the center will suffice, since the glue tends to stick to itself
3. Cut the remaining small and medium-size hearts in half vertically, and glue the pink halves atop the white halves, as shown.
4. Fold each of the side hearts in half over the headband (with the points facing each other) as shown, and glue the rounded edges of the felt together. Avoid gluing the felt to the headband itself so the band will be able to stretch freely later.
5. Glue one of the half-heart stacks to the face of each folded side heart.
6. Now attach the center heart stack in place by gluing it to the edges of the folded hearts, as shown. Again, avoid gluing the felt to the headband itself.
7. For the finishing touch, embellish the felt crown with “jewel” sticker hearts. Attach a whole one to the crown’s center heart. Then cut a second one in half and attach the halves to the side hearts.
For more Princess fun, check out the official Disney Princess site.