More on Disney Baby
Create magical moments with these inspired ideas and feel-good products.
Pregnancy 1 versus Pregnancy 2
With just over a month left to go in this pregnancy, it’s been interesting to see the differences between my first and second pregnancies.
I’ve been lucky that neither pregnancy has been particularly difficult, so I don’t have a lot to complain about (not that it stops me). And since both babies are girls, the differences aren’t something I can ascribe to gender.
Here are a few things I’ve noticed that have been different:
- Definitely more nausea with this second baby. It was worse to begin with and lasted longer than it did last time.
- Much more tired this time around. I don’t remember ever taking a nap during my first pregnancy, even though I was working full-time, but I have napped more this pregnancy (especially the first and third trimesters) than any other time in my life.
- Less other sickness this time. Last time, I was working as an elementary school librarian which meant my pregnancy was basically one cold after another, thanks to associating with 800 germy children on a daily basis. Of course, this time I’m living back in Texas, where my allergies in spring and fall are pretty tremendous, so even though I’m not actually sick, I still am sporting a lot of cold-like symptoms.
- Measuring on track. I was always about two weeks small with Ella (but then she ended up being eight days late, so I think the due date was just not a very good one). This time I’m always right on (which means I’m hoping for a baby a little closer to on time).
- Weight gain. I think I’ll end up gaining around five pounds more this time than I did last time, but I also started this pregnancy weighing about five pounds less than I did with Ella, thanks to nursing.
- Insomnia. This is the worst symptom of all for me. I slept like a champ with Ella even until the very end, but this time around, I am struggling multiple times a week to fall asleep at night. I’m sure the napping isn’t helping, but I seem to be caught in an endless, horrendous cycle of overly-tired and wide-awake-in-the-middle-of-the-night.
What differences have you noticed between multiple pregnancies?