I am not a great cook and have a really hard time finding inspiration when it comes to healthy meals for my toddler. I found a recipe on the ever faithful Pinterest while looking for paleo recipes for myself. It was a recipe for pancakes that had ingredients in it that I always have and seemed fairly easy. My type of recipe. I tried the recipe, not expecting much, and surely not anticipating that my toddler would approve. To my surprise, he loved them and devoured them.
Here is the recipe for Baylor’s new favorite breakfast, paleo pancakes.
What you need:
- one banana
- two eggs
- a dash of cinnamon
- coconut oil
- fresh strawberries or fruit of your choice
- Mash up your banana. Your banana doesn’t have to be super ripe. A firm banana actually works best.
- Add the two eggs and mix thoroughly.
- Add a dash (or two) of cinnamon.
- Melt just a touch of coconut oil in a skillet and cook your pancakes to perfection. (We like ours a little crisp!) ;)
- Add fresh strawberries (Baylor’s favorite) or fruit of your choice and enjoy!
I am one of those people that likes a little pancake with their syrup (yikes!) but these pancakes are so good that no kind of topping other than your fruit, if you want it, is necessary. Baylor has gobbled them up and asked for more every time I have made them and they are also a hit with my super picky husband.
There are a lot of variations to this recipe but this is the one that we like best.
We hope you enjoy these pancakes as much as we do!