More on Disney Baby
Create magical moments with these inspired ideas and feel-good products.
Nature-Themed Baby Names Inspired by Winnie the Pooh
Winnie the Pooh: he’s more than just a silly ol’ bear: he’s a beloved, classic institution of childhoods around the globe! I love all of the classic Winnie the Pooh stories and films, full of magical adventures with his friends in the 100 Acre Woods. The stories of friendship, love, bravery and compassion make everything about Winnie the Pooh a universally-loved children’s character; combined with the setting of all his adventures in the 100 Acre Wood, Winnie the Pooh serves as a wonderful inspiration for nature-themed baby names.
Here are 25 nature-themed baby names inspired by all the magic, wonder and springtime sweetness of Winnie the Pooh!
NATURE-THEMED UNISEX NAMES INSPIRED BY WINNIE THE POOH
- HADLEY: A unisex Old English name meaning “meadow” or “heather fields.”
- ROBIN: The second of Christopher Robin’s two names. As a boy’s name, Robin is actually a diminutive variant of “Robert” meaning “fame.” As a girl’s name, it can refer to the bird of the same name.
- RILEY: An English unisex name meaning “rye meadow” or “fields of rye.”
- ROWAN: A unisex Celtic name meaning “red-headed,” it’s also the name of a tree with red berries.
- WINNIE: A unisex baby name after the titular character of the Winnie the Pooh stories. As a girl’s name, Winnie can be short for Winnifred or Edwina, meaning “peaceful.” As a boy’s name, can be short for Winston, meaning either “town of victory” or “joyful stone.”
NATURE-THEMED GIRLS’ NAMES INSPIRED BY WINNIE THE POOH
- BERNADETTE: A French girl’s name meaning “bold as a bear.”
- HANA: A Japanese girl’s name meaning “flower.”
- LARK: An English girl’s name meaning the songbird of the same name.
- LULU: A Native American girl’s name meaning “rabbit.”
- MELISSA: A Greek girl’s name meaning “honeybee.”
- OPA: A Native American (Chocktaw) girl’s name meaning “owl.”
- POSEY: An English girl’s name meaning the flower of the same name.
- SHIRLEY: An English girl’s name meaning “bright meadow.”
- URSULA: A Latin girl’s name meaning “little she-bear.”
- WILLOW: A girl’s name meaning the tree of the same name.
NATURE-THEMED BOYS’ NAMES INSPIRED BY WINNIE THE POOH
- ALAN: The first of the two A’s in Winnie the Pooh author A.A. Milne’s name; a Celtic boy’s name meaning “handsome” or “stone.”
- ALEXANDER: The second of the two A’s in Winnie the Pooh author A.A. Milne’s name; a Greek boy’s name meaning “defender of the people.”
- ARTHUR: A boy’s name with Old English origins meaning “bear man” or “warrior.”
- ASPEN: A boy’s name meaning the poplar-family tree of the same name, commonly found throughout the Northern Hemisphere but most often associated with Colorado.
- CHRISTOPHER: Winnie the Pooh’s best friend in the whole wide world, Christopher Robin. A Greek boy’s name meaning “Christ-bearer.”
- DOV: A Hebrew boy’s name meaning “bear.”
- FORRESTER: An English boy’s name meaning “one who dwells near the forest.”
- ORSON: A Latin boy’s name meaning “bear.”
- SILAS: A Biblical boy’s name meaning “forest.”
- SYLVAN: A Latin boy’s name meaning “woodland” or “forest.”