Did you listen to music while you were in labor?
It always surprises me what kind of music is on people’s playlists. Everyone is so different. For some, it might be jock jams to get them pumped up and help them stay motivated. For me, I need the room to be calm and serene.
Here are the top songs on my Labor Playlist…
With my first baby, we listened to Cat Power over and over again. It set such a beautiful and calm atmosphere to the room. For my second, I have been collecting various songs to make a playlist. Music has always been really important to me and I couldn’t imagine going through labor without it.
My second pregnancy playlist:
1. Cat Power: Where Is My Love
2. Pedro the Lion: Be Thou My Vision
3. Yeah Yeah Yeahs: Skeleton Bones
4. Regina Spektor: Us
5. Alabama Shakes: Hold On
6. Mates of State: Drop And Anchor
7. American Football: For Sure
8. Arcade Fire: Wake Up
9. She & Him: If You Can’t Sleep
10. Au Revoir Simone: The Lucky One
11. Etta James: A Sunday Kind of Love
12. The Avett Brothers: Offering
13. Bright Eyes: First Day OF My Life
14. Sufjan Stevens: Come Thou Fount Of Every Blessing
15. Gillian Welch, Alison Krauss: I’ll Fly Away
What music would be on your labor playlist?