Mickey-and-Minnie-inspired herb pots make a darling and useful favor for guests. Paint 3” terra cotta pots in patterns inspired by Mickey and Minnie’s classic attire. Plant the pots with fresh herbs and cluster them in the center of the table as centerpieces. At the end of the party guests can take pots home for their kitchen gardens.
- 3” terra cotta pots, one for each guest
- Clay pot sealer, aerosol spray
- Acrylic paints: white, chocolate brown, magenta, teal
- Paint brushes
- Masking tape
- Fresh herbs
- Potting soil
1. Before painting your pots, prep them with a clay pot sealer. This will keep the paint from bubbling or peeling. Follow instructions on the sealer, but most require that you spray the pots inside and out, and then let dry for 24 hours.
2. Once dry, paint the pots inside and out with white acrylic paint. Let dry.
3. Once dry, paint the rims of all of the pots chocolate brown. Set aside to dry.
4. Next, paint half the pots teal for Minnie. To create the look of Minnie’s ruffled skirt, paint a wavy line along the bottom edge of the teal pots, leaving the area underneath white. Let dry.
5. Once dry, paint white dots on the blue teal skirt
6. For Mickey’s pots, cut oval “buttons” from the masking tape and place them on the side of the terra cotta pots. Paint the pots magenta, leaving the masking tape ovals un-painted. Let dry.
7. Once the magenta pots are dry, remove the masking tape ovals and touch up the edges with white paint.
8. When pots are dry, paint a guests name on the rim of each pot using white paint and a fine-tipped brush. Let dry.
9. Finally, plant a small herb in each pot – thyme, oregano and rosemary work well.
For more Mickey and Minnie fun, check out the official Mickey Mouse site.
|/>||For more inspiration to help plan the perfect baby shower, take a look at the Huggies Baby Shower Pinterest page.|