Making a List of Parenting Goals
Do you like making lists? I have sheets of paper all over the place with to-do lists on them. I love writing down goals as well. Until the other day though, I had never thought about writing out parenting goals. It was so rewarding and encouraging to write them out. Here are some of the ones that were heavy on my heart that day…
I’m sure it will be a list that evolves and grows every few months, but at this moment in my life these ones seemed most important.
1. I want to be spontaneous and easygoing, with enough structure though that will give them the security they need.
2. I want to be able to instill in them a passion for life.
3. i want to teach them to have good manners and be polite.
4. I want to play outside with them a lot.
5. I want them to hear more music than TV.
6. I don’t want them to remember me on my phone/computer all the time.
7. I want to pick up and go places with them on a whim.
8. I don’t always want to worry about schedules or making messes.
9. I want our house to be filled with laughter and love.
10. I want to create situations where they can use their imaginations as much as possible.
11. I want to lead by example. I want to be a good role model for them.
12. I want them to know there is no limit to what they can accomplish.
13. I want to teach them to be kind to others and have a generous heart.
14. I want our family to always be adventurous and value the importance of seeing new things.
15. I want to teach them to value and respect each other as siblings and us as their parents.
16. I want them to know they can dream big and we will be there no matter what to support them.
What are your goals for your family?