More on Disney Baby
Create magical moments with these inspired ideas and feel-good products.
Homemade Moisturizer Recipe For Baby And Mom
As parents we want the best for our little ones. We carefully shop for and prepare delicious and nutritious foods, we make sure to have the best accessories and baby gear to ensure they are comfortable and happy and that includes soaps and lotions. Make no mistake, there are fantastic products out there that I swear by but if you are in the DIY mood here’s a great recipe to make your own moisturizer for you and baby!I have made my own moisturizer using this recipe many times — each time changing it slightly depending on my needs. The lotion is non-greasy, smells divine, goes on smooth and stays good in air tight containers.
My son had extremely dry skin and I used this recipe to moisturize him and at the same time used baby massage techniques to soothe him. Personally my favorite way to make this is with rose water, but you can use chamomile tea or lavender.
And to get even craftier I used an old honey bear container, a soap dispenser (thoroughly cleaned to avoid residue) and small plastic screw top container to store the lotion then labeling it and dating it on the bottom.
Most of the ingredients may already be in your home and it’s super easy to make!
- 3 Tbsp of beeswax (I bought a 100% natural beeswax candle at Whole Foods)
- 3/4 cup of olive, coconut or almond oil (use one or a combination)
- 1 cup of rose water or chamomile tea (I made one batch with rose water and another with tea — rose water is my favorite!)
- 2 teaspoons of Vitamin E (helps lotion last longer and great for very dry skin)
- Clean containers for storing (I used a honey bear container and old soap dispenser)
After making it, leave it to cool completely then refrigerate in air tight container so it can congeal.
Remove and use daily. Keep at room temperature.
I hope you enjoy making and using this as much as my son and I did!