More on Disney Baby
Create magical moments with these inspired ideas and feel-good products.
Homemade Cheddar Crackers: A Healthier Alternative to Store-Bought Treats
My little girls love snacks, and Baby Z is no exception. I’m always on the hunt for quick and healthy bites that can hold them over until it’s mealtime or to keep their energy sustained while playing at the park. I try to avoid processed and store-bought snacks as much as I possibly can. Like many others, I believe all the added preservatives, colors, and other ingredients I can’t even pronounce, are harmful for my little girls’ growing bodies.
I stumbled upon this recipe and thought I’d give it a try. It uses simple ingredients and seemed easy enough to pull together. My daughters helped along with the entire process which was a great experience to share together. It was nice knowing exactly what went into the making of their snacks and they actually tasted like real cheese! Imagine that.
- 2 cups, sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Pulse everything (except water) together in the food processor until the dough becomes crumbly.
- Pulse in water, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Remove dough from the processor, wrap in plastic wrap, and chill for 20 minutes
- Roll out the dough and cut into desired shapes. Place on parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until crispy.
- Allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.