Shower guests will have no trouble finding their way to the buffet table with this colorful centerpiece. Crafted from bright fabric swatches and black buttons, these frilly long-stemmed blossoms also double as take-home party favors.
- Template for Clownfish Flowers
- Straight pins
- Felt, flannel, or no-fray fabric (orange, black and white)
- Measuring tape
- Sewing needle
- Orange thread or embroidery floss
- Hot glue gun
- Green cloth (18 gauge) floral wires, 18 inches long
- Black buttons, 3/4 to 1 inch wide
2. Stack the two orange fabric petal circles with the smaller one on top. Then pin the smallest paper template circle in the center, as shown. Thread the needle with a double 15-inch length of thread or floss. Starting from the underside of stack, loosely stitch the two layers together, working your way around the paper template. End with the needle on the underside of the stack.
3. Remove the paper circle. Flip the stack over and pull the thread ends taut to create a frilly blossom. Tie the thread ends together, knotting them tightly to secure the puckered fabric. Trim the thread ends short.
4. Flip the flower over. Set a white center circle atop a black one, and place them in the flower center. Sew straight through the middle of the flower, starting in the front and knotting the thread in the back.
5. For the flower stem, use pliers to shape a spiral in the top of a green cloth floral wire. Then pull the spiral partially apart to create a small basket for the puckered back of the flower.
6. Hot glue the back of the flower to the stem, as shown.
7. For the finishing touch, hot glue a black button to the center front of the flower.
For more Nemo fun, check out the official Finding Nemo site.
|/>||For more inspiration to help plan the perfect baby shower, take a look at the Huggies Baby Shower Pinterest page.|