Easily crafted in a bubble wrap-lined pan, these golden gift soaps make a hunny of a favor for a Winnie the Pooh themed baby shower.
- Baking pan (8- by 6-inches or similar dimensions)
- Bubble wrap
- 1 pound clear glycerin soap (sold in large craft stores)
- Gold or yellow soap coloring
- Soap scent (optional)
- Microwavable container for melting the glycerin soap
1. Line the bottom and sides of the baking pan with bubble wrap (bubbles facing up).
2. Cut the glycerin soap into small cubes and put them in a microwavable container. Melt the soap in the microwave according to the manufacturer’s directions.
3. Stir a few drops of gold or yellow soap coloring into the melted soap to tint it honey colored. Stir in a few drops of soap scent, if desired.
4. Pour the liquid soap into the bubble wrap-lined pan. Gently press another piece of bubble wrap (bubbles down) evenly into the top of the soap.
5. Let the soap cool and set up for 20 to 40 minutes. Then remove it from the pan and pull away the bubble wrap.
6. Trim the sides and ends of the soap block to create even edges. Then cut the block into gift soap-size pieces and package them in clear cellophane bags tied with ribbon.
For more Winnie the Pooh fun, check out the official Winnie the Pooh site.
|/>||For more inspiration to help plan the perfect baby shower, take a look at the Huggies Baby Shower Pinterest page.|