More on Disney Baby
Create magical moments with these inspired ideas and feel-good products.
Everyday Magic | Our First Time Baking Together!
When I was little, I remember my mom always baking something delicious. I loved getting to help her out in the kitchen. In fact, by the time I was in elementary school I was obsessed with checking out recipe books from the library and trying out all the delicious goodies in their pages! The holidays were always a special time becuase of all the baking and I’ve been looking forward to baking with my son since before he was born. I decided to give it a try this week since he is all about “helping” now-a-days. We had so much fun making these delicious, gluten free, honey-sweetened banana muffins. Check it out below and then keep scrolling down for the recipe!
1. c. all purpose gluten free flour
1/4 c. honey
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 c. old fashioned oats
1/2 c. milk (or milk substitute like almond milk)
1/4 c. applesauce
1 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 whole, ripe banana, mashed
1. Heat oven to 375F and lighty spray a 12-count muffin pan.
2. In a separate large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and soda, spice, and salt, mix. Stir in oats. Set aside.
3. In electric mixer on medium speed combine milk, honey, oil, eggs, vanilla, and bananas till there are no lumps. Make a well in the flour bowl mixture and add wet ingredients. Stir till just barely combined (don’t over mix or you will make ‘em tough).
4. Scoop batter evenly into 12 muffin cups and sprinkle with walnut topping. Bake 25 minutes. Enjoy!!