Whether you have an infant or a toddler, you don’t have to leave them out of the back-to-school fun!
Little ones love to feel a part of things and giving them a few activities to do while the older kids pack up their backpacks or do their homework in the afternoon keeps everyone happy.
Here are five of my very favorite low-stress school-like activities to do with little ones:
- Coloring books. While the big kids whip out their worksheets, let your little one go to town with a coloring book (pick them up at the dollar store!).
- Alphabet cards. We have a beautiful big set of alphabet cards that my girls love spreading out on the floor, and singing the alphabet song along with. I was amazed how fast my girls picked up the alphabet without us even trying.
- Music time. There is nothing my girls like more than doing a low-key little music time. We do a few songs with actions, dance around a little, and everyone enjoys themselves.
- Books. Check out some new books from the library or borrow some from a friend and set aside a little time to read to your child or let them look through them on their own.
- Puzzles. I love those simple puzzles for little ones, and it’s a great way to develop hand-eye coordination, and also learn about animals, vehicles, colors or shapes (also, lots of libraries have wooden puzzles you can check out).